Instructions & Basic Rules
Platinum’s Basic Rules are quite Simple and easy to remember.
- ALWAYS USE THE RIGHT PAN by Selecting the pan your food will most nearly fill (about 2/3 or 3/4 full) as air pockets will be created by “too large of a pot for the food quantity”. Too large of a pan will destroy vitamins, dry your foods and possibly burn them.
- RINSE PREPARED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES TO REHYDRATE in cold water and drain. Place the fruits or vegetables in the desired pot and cover. This is minimum moisture, nutritional cooking. Until you get used to this new method, you might want to start with 1/4” of water to the bottom of the pan.
- CONTROL THE HEAT throughout the cooking process. If you have too high of a heat, it evaporates the steam and your food will burn.
- GET A VAPOR SEAL by starting the cooking process on medium heat until the thermostat on the cover approaches your altitudes desired temperature then turn the heat down to low or off (if you have a ceramic or flat top electric stove). Keep the temperature at your altitude desired cooking temperature to prevent steam from escaping. If you see steam escaping, turn the temperature down because you have it too high.
- DON’T PEEK OR POT WATCH…Resist that urge to peek at your food while it’s cooking! Removed the cover during the cooking process extends the cooking times and will cause the moisture in your food to escape.
- BE SPECIFIC by following the time charts in the “Cooking Times” section for this site for best nutritional cooking.